Uniform, Water Bottles and Nametags
The school uniform at our school is:
- Royal blue cardigan/sweatshirt/sweat-cardi/fleece jacket (not navy)
- Grey skirt/pinafore dress
- Black or grey trousers/shorts
- Pale blue shirt/blouse/polo shirt
- Blue and white gingham dress (summer wear)
- Plain black school shoes with black soles (no high heels, no boots with lots of lace-holes, no deep ”treads” on soles, no flashing lights, etc.)
- Hair decorations to be kept small and discreet.
- During the winter children are allowed to wear black boots with trousers (but not with skirts, dresses, pinafores or shorts)
Sweatshirts, sweat-cardis, polo shirts, fleece jackets and book bags bearing the school logo can be ordered from our uniform supplier, Baker and Son. You can either call into their shop in Wellington or order items via their website, link as follows:
By using Baker and Son for your uniform you will continue to support the school in raising funds as we do receive some commission for every item purchased.
However, if you prefer, you are welcome to purchase plain items from a local store.
Neither Telford and Wrekin Council, nor the School, offer a grant towards school uniform.
Water is vital for everyone and in children it plays an especially critical role in maintaining health and wellbeing. Studies have shown that children who do not drink enough water are more prone to tiredness, poor concentration and dehydration. As a school we encourage the children to drink water throughout the day by using individual water bottles. The bottles are kept in a specially designated area in each classroom where they can be easily accessed throughout the day. The ’Friends of Dothill’ (PTA) will provide a water bottle for EYFS children. Everyone else should purchase a suitable bottle (not glass) from a local supplier and send that into school with your child. Please ensure the water bottle is named so your child uses their own bottle. The bottle should be taken home and washed on a regular basis, and returned full of plain water – NO OTHER DRINKS PLEASE. If your child runs out of water during the day, they can ask in their class for their bottle to be re-filled. They will also use their water bottle in the hall whilst eating their lunch.
We ask that all clothing is clearly named. If you are looking to purchase some name tags, please see details below of our preferred supplier: